Newport Ltd. recognizes the necessity to preserve and protect the environment. As an environmentally conscious company, Newport is committed to the following corporate environmental policy as it applies to Newport’s activities in all facilities, at all levels of the corporation, and in all products and services. Newport shall strive to reduce pollution, promote sustainable development, and generally minimize its impact on the environment by:
● Reducing resource consumption and waste generation; implementing reuse and recycling.
● Offset CO2 emissions for office, warehouse, shipping and travel.
● Providing more environmentally friendly products and services.
● Conforming to all pertinent objectives, agreements, and laws at both domestic and international levels, including Japan’s Basic Environmental Law.
● Developing comprehensive, specific environmental targets for environmental conservation as specified by ISO 14001.
● Notifying customers, suppliers, and the public of this policy and encouraging them to follow.
● Keeping abreast of and applying the latest environmental information.
● Regularly reviewing this policy and related environmental targets, and modifying them as necessary for continual improvement.
● Continual improvement of our environmental management system to enhance environmental performance.
● Talk to suppliers about their eco-policies.
These objectives and all other decisions of Newport henceforth shall strive to conform to the Natural Step Framework, which emphasizes The Four System Conditions for optimal environmental preservation in a cyclical society:
1. “Substances from the earth’s crust must not systematically increase in nature.” Natural resources must not be extracted faster than nature can renew them.
2. “Substances produced by society must not systematically increase in nature.” The rate of production of goods must not exceed the rate of their natural breakdown.
3. “The physical basis for the productivity and diversity of nature must not be systematically diminished.” Methods of resource extraction and production must be responsible and non-destructive.
4. “Resources must be used justly and efficiently to meet the needs of all people.”
Corporate management is responsible for the communication and implementation of this policy to all staff.
Environmental Policy issued: June 28, 2002
Last Revision: July 18, 2018
Scope of Environmental Management System
Organization: Newport Ltd.,
a) Products and services of the Company’s following businesses
Product sales of food, personal care products, daily necessities, and marketing services
b) Location: Yushin Bldg. Shinkan 11F, Shibuya 3-27-11, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo