Sustainability is at the heart of what we do. We’re proud to have maintained our ISO 14001 environmental certification since 2003, which sees us
Abide by environmental laws and regulations
Take precautionary measures against environmental risks
Promote environment conserving practices
in all operations of our business.
As subscribers to the “Green Power Certification System,” our entire office electricity consumption has come from a biomass natural energy source since 2004.
We offset C02 emissions generated by our warehouses’ electricity consumption, product shipping and Newport staff commutes & business travel through Japanese forest conservation organization More Trees, led by musician, Ryuichi Sakamoto.
- Purchase “green”
- Reduce paper consumption
- Implement Japan’s COOL BIZ and WARM BIZ governmental policies
- Reduce the environmental impact of Newport products
- Promote eco-consciousness within our sales and promotion networks
- Educate our staff about the environment via eco-tours and field trips
- Donate used stamps and PET bottle caps to NPOs
- Display recycle marks on all applicable packaging
Read our environmental policy here.
Think of the current business landscape, and think of all the hype around entrepreneurs, startups, commitments to sustainability, driving innovation and embracing change. For Newport CEO Kevin McAuliffe, such concepts have long been part of his professional journey. Founder of a consumer products and services company that likes[...]More